Saturday 16 April 2016

OUGD501 - Practical - Poster designs - Your Coca Cola

For the poster designs I wanted to keep them very classic to the brand of Coca Cola itself, keeping all of their signature colours. Perhaps even to make them look like they could have appeared in any time period within the last 50 years.

I started with some of the limited edition bottle designs that I had got some friends to design. Taking inspiration from previous Coca-Cola advertisements I went for a minimal gradient background with text and simple imagery over the top as to not add any excess ornamentation. Although I felt it to be a little too plain and not as inviting as I would like it to be.



I changed the font to be more friendly, by using a sans serif with wide open counters to invite the viewer in. I also made the product a lot bigger on the poster, so that it overlaps the logo a bit to show off the product rather than the logo. Also I thought I should add a feature to the bottle to show that it was limited edition and what it was celebrating. I added a small bit of extra information too to further advertise the cause of these designs. I feel that with the bigger bottle and change of type the over all aesthetic looks a lot more professional, though maybe not timeless.


After deciding on the general designs of the bottle posters I moved onto the can designs. I wanted to get both versions of the can design onto the poster as I felt that they were both relevant. However in this position that I placed them in they feel oddly placed. I think that they should probably be interacting with each other in some way to make the poster a lot more inviting. 


To make the poster look a lot more dynamic I changed the positioning of the cans and I feel like this has made the whole poster look a lot more visually pleasing as it give the eye somewhere to look towards


No comments:

Post a Comment