Saturday 2 April 2016

OUGD501 - Practical - Logo Interpretations

I created a sheet of well known brands and asked my peers to try and draw their logos from memory without looking on the internet. Initially I included lots of different examples as I wasn't sure which company I wanted to do in particular. 

After getting some results back I found that the ones that were most successful were the first 3 logos on the sheet - Nike, Coca Cola and Apple. These logos are common within our society so everyone seems to know the general style of them. The Coca Cola results were interesting as when people were drawing their interpretations they often said that they could see the logo in their mind but the flourishes of the logo were the hardest to see. Everyone knew that it was a script logo and it was intriguing to see their memory of the logo. Here are some examples of the best results that I got specifically for the Coca Cola logo.






From these results I will try image tracing them in illustrator and see how I can incorporate this into some packaging/advertising designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment