Friday 22 January 2016

OUGD501 - Practical Research Project Ideas


Initially I had quite a few ideas for my practical project mostly all based around timelessness vs trends vs modernist principles. Originally I thought it would be really interesting to compile a sort of publication comparing the 'classic' logo designers designs to what they are now to see if their work truly did work as timeless design. However I feel that this would lack a lot of input from me as a designer. So re-designing logos seemed like the better option to me. 


I could use the principles of the Vignelli canon to alter popular logos that follow trends to become more timeless. One thing that I could do is limit it to the 6 typefaces that Vignelli uses as well as following his timelessness principles.


No comments:

Post a Comment